Wow this pregnancy has gone by fast. It is hard to believe it is almost May, and then I will be able to say my baby is due next month. I now go to the doctor every two weeks and at 36 weeks she will check to see if I am dilated. Baby Senn has always had a good check up. I, on the other hand, have been fighting a cough the past two weeks. The first week was miserable not being able to sleep and throwing up mucus. Everything was draining down my throat. After a week of having it, and a z-pack not working, I went to the doctor to find out that I most likely have whooping cough (or pertussis). He had seen many patients that had had a cough for 3-4 weeks and prescribed them a steroid. He first wanted to try a strong cough medicine with me plus suggested I take Sudafed to dry up the drainage. Thankfully they have both worked. I still have a little cough, but not near as bad. The only downside has been that the cough medicine makes me sleepy. I am thankful Hallister still takes two naps, so that means I am able to get in tow naps as well. With all of my coughing, and making the baby bounce around so much, I was thinking I would go into preterm labor. We have started to get stuff ready for Baby Senn but are not quite ready to have him here. I am enjoying feeling him move inside me for now and look forward to meeting him (in June) to see what he looks like.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
30 Weeks!
Wow this pregnancy has gone by fast. It is hard to believe it is almost May, and then I will be able to say my baby is due next month. I now go to the doctor every two weeks and at 36 weeks she will check to see if I am dilated. Baby Senn has always had a good check up. I, on the other hand, have been fighting a cough the past two weeks. The first week was miserable not being able to sleep and throwing up mucus. Everything was draining down my throat. After a week of having it, and a z-pack not working, I went to the doctor to find out that I most likely have whooping cough (or pertussis). He had seen many patients that had had a cough for 3-4 weeks and prescribed them a steroid. He first wanted to try a strong cough medicine with me plus suggested I take Sudafed to dry up the drainage. Thankfully they have both worked. I still have a little cough, but not near as bad. The only downside has been that the cough medicine makes me sleepy. I am thankful Hallister still takes two naps, so that means I am able to get in tow naps as well. With all of my coughing, and making the baby bounce around so much, I was thinking I would go into preterm labor. We have started to get stuff ready for Baby Senn but are not quite ready to have him here. I am enjoying feeling him move inside me for now and look forward to meeting him (in June) to see what he looks like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment