Monday, March 7, 2011

8 Months Old

Droolmister - that is Preston's nickname now. He is constantly drooling. I keep a bib on him all day and probably change it 4 times. There must be another tooth coming in. Preston's rash on his face has cleared up. Once we switched to formula completely it cleared up then two weeks ago got red again. I noticed that after he laid in the crib at church it became red, so we changed to a baby Purex detergent for his clothes/sheets with no dyes. We also switched to organic baby food, since besides formula that is what touches his face every day. Thankfully it has worked and his face looks so much better. He just has really sensitive skin, like his mommy. Speaking of me, I have been told more and more how much Preston looks like me. That is so nice to hear. He has Jonathan's pretty blue - green eyes, but my eyebrows, nose, and lips. He even raises one eyebrow like I do. His schedule is still the same, napping at 9am, noon, and 4pm. The noon nap is at the same time as Hallister's, so that is when I get my break for the day. He usually only naps 30-45 minutes, but the noon nap has improved to be 1-2 hours. He is scooting backwards, and easily goes from his belly back into the splits and a sitting position. Yesterday we got a 8x10 living room rug and he crawled forward two steps, but then plopped down on his belly. Above his ears we can tell that he is getting more hair. He has a bottle every 3 1/2 to 4 hours and eats baby food 3 times a day. He now takes a bath sitting up with Hallister and likes to chew on the foam letters. This big boy now rides in the front of the double stroller and in the grocery cart, no longer in his car seat. He laughs at balloons, ripping paper (yes I tried it after hearing about it on youtube), being help upside down, tickling between his knee and thigh, and when you move your hand across his high chair tray, copying what he does. He is such a joy and we look forward to this next month of milestones.

No comments: