Thursday, November 3, 2011

37 Weeks



I had a doctor appointment on Tuesday.  I have been having contractions off and on every other day so I was curious to find out at my appointment if maybe she was dropping and getting ready to come early, but I am just dilated to a 1.  Yesterday I had contractions for about 2 hours.  I could breathe through them, but they increased as I had to discipline Hallister.  If the contractions return and are five minutes apart, lasting 60 seconds and I have had this activity for about an hour then we will head to the hospital.  I never had contractions this early with the boys so it makes me wonder if she may come early.  The nice thing about having the c-section scheduled for the 22nd is that we can have help with the boys planned.  If she arrives before this date then we have a back-up plan prepared.  Our bags are also packed.  Either way, we are so excited that we will get to meet our daughter in less than 2 weeks!

 "How do you feel?" is a question I probably get asked every day.  Well my feet hurt, my back hurts, I feel huge, I'm tired, and I am waddling around everywhere.  These are my first thoughts.  But then I remind myself there is a human being inside of me!  I feel so blessed and thankful that God chose Jonathan and I to be the parents of this baby that is about to come into the world.

As a friend reminded me today, since this is probably our last child, I am taking in each kick and hiccup I feel.  We are so thankful for our boys and I now see why God gave us boys first.  They can be buddies and protectors of Baby L.  (There's your hint at her name faithful bloggers.)  We are enjoying these last few days with just the boys and look forward to meeting our daughter!

No comments: