Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Liberty - 16 Months Old

Libby Lou is 16 months old!  She weighs in at 21 pounds.  Since she cannot have dairy she has thinned out over the past two months.  Her hair is blonde and her eyes a beautiful brown.

Basically all she eats is chicken nuggets and dairy/gluten free pancakes or waffles.  Our babysitters have 400 degrees for 12 minutes memorized.  That is how long to cook her nuggets.  I did cut up a hot dog and she ate a few pieces of it.  I am surprised how much I have enjoyed learning what things to substitute so she can eat them.  We use rice flour, grape seed oil, rice milk, almond milk and egg substitute, which is a powder.  (In case you grandparents need to know for when you keep her.)  I did experiment and gave her almond milk with strawberries blended up in it, and she drank that!.....for a day.  Maybe once a week will surprise her with it.  She liked our red drink a lot but we discovered it had aspartame in it, so we weaned everyone off of it and quit buying it.  Now we are back to drinking water. I am hoping to try more recipes next month for her.  I have been sneaking bananas into her pancakes.  She won't eat fruit plain so sometimes you just do what you go to do.  She can have Kix cereal because it is corn based, not wheat based.

Side note: All of this experimenting with food and learning more about it has also inspired me to eat healthier.  I discovered that cow's milk really is not the greatest for our bodies and I am enjoying protein shakes with almond milk.

Liberty loves to go, go, go.  She tries to keep up with her brothers, and it is so cute to see them follow each other back and forth across the house. She has started to climb on the couch and is getting better about staying seated, and slowly getting off by going backwards until her toes can touch the floor.  She is such a girl, already swinging one arm and putting her hands on her hips.  It was interesting the other day at the park to see a little girl come up to her and they were handing a rock back and forth to each other.  I am not used to seeing her play with girls.  She will get plenty of practice though this summer when starts Mother's Day Out.

Liberty loves bath time and immediately does the sign for it and runs to the bathroom when we say "bath".  She likes to play peekaboo and to be chased.

We are so thankful she has been healthy.  She still has not had an ear infection, or no other health condition really besides an occasional runny nose.  We can deal with the allergy stuff and are very thankful it is not life threatening should she eat something wrong.

No comments: