Viewer discretion is advised of pictures below.
4:00pm - I gave Preston a snack of peanut butter and celery while I was trying to cook supper. Liberty was having an off-nap day so she was asleep. 5:00pm - I heard Liberty start to cry so I quickly washed me hands off, got her up and put her in the living room, then hurried back to finish supper. I was almost done when Liberty brought me Preston's plate and handed it to me over the gate. I looked in shock at the plate and upset at myself for leaving it out. I took it from her and noticed some peanut butter smudged on the edge of the plate but the celery was accounted for. She was not smacking like she had tried any so I wasn't too worried. I washed her hands off and put her in her chair. I warmed her chicken and glanced back at her to notice she was itching. I cut up the chicken and the noticed the swelling start.
5:18pm - I immediately threw her in the bath to try to wash off any peanut butter that might be in her fingernails. The swelling was worse. I gave her Benadryl. Jonathan had come home early but not feeling well so he had been asleep. I woke him up. We decided to go ahead and give her the Epi-pen. I called my friend Christi who has the son that fainted when he had a chocolate chip and asked what advice she had. She said it was very good what we did. I sent a text to many friends to be praying. We really debated on going to the ER but since her breathing was fine we held off. Thank God she did not eat any. I felt God's presence keeping us calm and helping us make wise decisions. We called the on-call doctor and she also said since Liberty's breathing was fine we could hold off on the ER, but of course if it flared up take her immediately. The doctor said she would check back with us the next day.
7:00pm - Liberty was no longer itching, the redness was going away and the swelling almost completely gone. I was amazed at how quickly the Benadryl and Epi-pen worked, and so very thankful for everyone praying for her. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 1 Cor.12:9She is a tough cookie and kept high spirits the whole time. (With everything that is going on in West we gladly sent all our peanut butter and peanut butter crackers to help bless a needy family.)
We love our Little Libby Lou and appreciate everyone's support in keeping peanuts and peanut butter away from her.
No comments:
Post a Comment