Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Preston's Dedication

"For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition, which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord. And he worshiped the Lord there." 1 Samuel 1:27-28. Just as Hannah dedicated Samuel to the Lord, this past Sunday we dedicated Preston. Two church members and our good friend Jeremy Heimbach prayed over Preston. They received these pictures from the Lord: 1) Picture of the cross covering him even in the womb, the cross and blood of Jesus will cover and protect him all the days of his life. 2) Picture of a reed planted in water; Preston will be rooted in pure, living water, he will never dry up, and even be a source for others. Jonathan and I chose Psalm 127:3-5 for Preston and our Pastor ended up mentioning it on Sunday: "Behold children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. how blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate." We are so thankful for both our boys and pray they grow up to become men of God.

No comments: