began from our ride down there, and then gets worse (or better) however you choose to look at it. We stopped in Marble Falls to eat and I needed to pump. So I went to plug in the pump to the cigarette lighter and the car went dead. Hallister had put a screw in the cigarette lighter, and when I plugged in the pump a fuse shorted out, causing the electric system to short circuit.The car started but would not go in to first gear. After an hour of diagnosing what could be wrong Jonathan decided the system needed to be restarted. If that didn't work, then we would probably be heading back home and looking at a major car overhaul. We ran in to Wal-Mart, got what we needed, prayed, and praise God it worked! The trip was already off to a rocky start.
So we get to the hotel around 9pm, so ready for bed. I check in, get our key, we load our stuff on a cart and head to the room. Our key doesn't work....either of them. I head back down, tell them it doesn't work, and get a new key. I go back up to our room (5th floor) and Jonathan informs me someone just came out of the room we were given a key for. (The suspense is building now.) We tried to calm our tired selves, walk up to the front counter, and thankfully a manager is now manning the desk. We explain what has happened. He apologizes over and over, says we were given the wrong key, and upgrades us to a 2 bedroom suite. Although it was very frustrating, it worked out for the better.
Saturday we go to Fiesta Texas and have a great time talking and riding rides. Saturday night we enjoy a lovely boat ride on the Riverwalk as we eat our supper and learn about the history of the Riverwalk. It was wonderful!Sunday we slept until 9:00am, and we probably could have kept sleeping if we weren't hungry. The hotel breakfast closed at 9:30am so we made our way down, enjoyed a nice breakfast and then headed back to the room to pack up and leave. It was a nice trip, short, but a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment