Thursday, July 4, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent


To save on our expense of laundry detergent I decided to make our own.  We have been using ALL Free and Clear since it does not make Liberty break out.

We have been very happy with the homemade stuff.  I included the recipe in case anyone wants to try it.  I made half the bath the first time, just in case we didn't like, and that $10 batch lasted a month.  It was not difficult to use a cheese grater and shred the Ivory soap.  The laundry smelled so fresh and clean. I also ordered the scent Quiver from Scentsy and added it to our second batch.  It smells SO good.

We also noticed how clear Liberty's skin has been as well, since we started using it, which is a wonderful benefit.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients-
  • 1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax- Found in the detergent aisle
  • 1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda- Found in the detergent aisle
  • 1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean- Found in the detergent aisle
  • 2 (14.1 oz) Bars of Zote or Ivory Soap- Found in the detergent aisle
  • 1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda- Found in the cooking aisle
  • 4 Bottles of Scentsy Washer Whiffs- found online or through a Scentsy Representative
Instructions-
  1. Grate soap with cheese grater or food processor.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bucket.
  3. Use 2 -4 Tablespoons per laundry load.



No comments: