Sunday, July 7, 2013
Menu Planner
I know we have all been there. You get to the store with your grocery list, and you can't remember if you have some things so you grab one just in case. You get home to find not only did you have that item but you had five, and you missed two items that you needed for supper tonight. HA!
Well that was me and I was getting tired of it. I used to have written on a piece of paper the order of HEB aisles. As we ran out of items we would put them on our grocery list on the fridge. Before going to the store I would rewrite the whole list in the order of the aisles. Sometimes I would leave an item off though accidentally. Once I got to the store I would see something we might need, I'd call Jonathan to see if we need it. I would try to think ahead of stuff to make for supper the next week but couldn't remember every single ingredient.
We then downloaded a free App called Grocery Gadget. I figured we have these smart phones, might as well get smart and use them to our advantage. That App was nice. We plugged in the aisles of HEB in the order we go and the ones at Walmart and the order we take there. If we needed an item we check it, and it showed up on mine and Jonathan's phone. We were able to put in the amount at each store, which was very nice. Since we use the cash system we would know exactly how much we were about to check out with. If we didn't have enough cash left in our envelope then we could put back the things we didn't absolutely have to have.
That App was good but I wanted an App where I could pull in recipes while at the store or look in my "pantry" while at the store and see if I had certain items. After researching a week I found it - MENU-PLANNER. This is probably the biggest plug I will ever give for an App. I absolutely love it and it was only $4.99.
It took me a weekend to plug in all the items in our pantry, arrange the aisle order for HEB and Walmart, but it was so worth it. It also has a scan barcode feature! I can scan an item and it will pull in all the info for me, I just program what aisle and the price. We have 45 recipes saved so I can organize what is for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. If I don't have the items in our pantry then this App will add those items to my shopping list! How cool is that! As we go through the week, and say I made spaghetti, then my amount of spaghetti jars will decrease from 2 to 1 in my "pantry". If it goes from 1 to 0 then it gets added to my shopping list.
If you are a Mom, you have a smart phone and you do the shopping then you need this App! It saves so much time and makes grocery shopping fun. So there is my plug, let me know if you try it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment