Sunday, October 27, 2013

First Day of School

(Now pretend it's August.)

You may remember us asking if everyone would pray with us about what we should do for Hallister going to preschool.  We were all set on a new Montessori school and excited.  Well, a week before school started we found out some things we did not agree with concerning the school.  We were very disappointed but then sprung into action on Plan B.

I had saved all the information for Hallister to go to the preschool at the public school next to our house, because we qualify as low income.  Jonathan turned in the paperwork quickly on the way to work and we called and found out he got in!  So he goes to Castleman Creek Elementary, M-F, 12:20-3:20pm.  I am thankful it is not all day.  He is really enjoying learning, making friends in his class of 9 and his teacher Ms. Duckworth.

I like how convenient it is. I drop him off in front of school when it starts and pick him up in the back.  Liberty and Preston cruise over with me in the stroller to get him.  Below our first day of school pictures.


Now on to updates for the other two.  Preston and Liberty go to Mother's Day Out at a church that is right behind our house.  Liberty attends Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30-2:30pm and Preston just goes on Mondays.  With Liberty at home it is difficult for me to get work done. so this gives me a set time I can clean or do graphic design work.  Preston is pretty easy, he will play by himself, but I wanted him to socialize.  Both Lib and Pman have really increased their vocabulary.  Liberty's teachers call her the happiest girl they have.  Other kids cry in her room but she just waves at everybody and smiles all day.  That is so comforting to know!  I also like knowing that her teachers know about her allergies and are very aware of what other kids bring for lunch.





No comments: