Sunday, April 19, 2015

Camp Gladiator

May of 2014 a friend of mine asked if I wanted to try out Camp Gladiator with her for free.  I remembered seeing on Facebook how she got up early in the mornings to go work out and she really enjoyed it.

I decided to give it a try.  I had tried everything, doing videos during nap time, going walking by myself early in the mornings, but never stuck with it.  I knew with working out, as with anything else in life, I needed accountability.

So twice in a week I got up at 5:00am to go to 5:30am hour long workouts, and I survived.  The people were great and the trainer was encouraging.  After my free week I went ahead and signed up for a year.

We work out in parking lots, or if it is rainy or real cold, in a local church gym.  We do interval training, sprint and agility drills, stations, plyometrics, body weight strength drills, cardio mix, and much more. Camp Gladiator is designed to increase your functional strength, speed, stamina and, most importantly, to deliver results.  I attend at least three times a week going to camp at 5:30am or 5am. I thought it would be hard getting up but it really isn't.  I have made so many new friends, a lot that also homeschool, plus of course they notice my nails and I've sold Jamberry and even booked parties through CG.

I have definitely seen results, but also realized how much getting healthier is all about the kitchen.  You can lift weights and run every day but if you go back home and eat carbs and sweets then all your hard work is lost.  I have seen amazing changes as we have cut back on gluten, really some of it just by switching to gluten free waffles, spaghetti noodles, mac and cheese.  I do try to eat less dairy as well.  I don't know how much weight I have lost but I can definitely tell I have gained.....strength, confidence and friendships!

So early this year I arrive at Camp Gladiator and find a new station is there to film us as one of the options you have to work out.  My trainer Jason asked if I wanted to speak on camera!  I am sorry I don't have the video to share.  Everyone said I did well but I was nervous.  It was fun to have my second round of "15 seconds of fame", the first being the movie I was in, The Rookie.

One of my goals going into Camp Gladiator was to gain strength to run a 5K!  That post is coming up next.







No comments: