Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Potty Training

Many of you have been asking us if we are potty training Hallister. Well, we were until 3 weeks ago. Hallister got sick and was throwing up for 4 days and had diarrhea. We were lucky if everything stayed in the diaper and did not even worry about the toilet. Before then he was wearing pull-ups during the day and a diaper at night. I would watch his face and knew 30 minutes after breakfast we sit on the potty and wait for the morning #2. Sometimes he would tell me before he went or right as he started to go. We would run to the bathroom. I would say "candy" as we were running to remind him what he gets if he makes it in the potty. I had a stash of candy on the bathroom sink. We would read the potty book as he went. After he did #2 I would sometimes put him in underwear. That didn't stop him from going though. He would just look down at his wet pants and say, "Aww man!" Now, after those 4 days, he comes up to us saying diaper change and doing the sign for it, after he has already gone in his diaper. Then as we change his diaper he says yucky. Hallister is so smart. I know that when he is ready it will happen quickly. We will try again soon.

No comments: