Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just Between Friends

Just Between Friends is a consignment event that happens every year in March and September in Waco. You get to bring your baby and maternity clothes, toys, furniture, and accessories for a 3 day event. If you just consign you make 65%. If you also volunteer or barter you make 70% on all of your items that sale.

This past March I put more in the sale then I ever had before. I cleaned out clothes (thinking we weren't having another child for a while...haha) and a bunch of toys that were neglected. I also volunteered so that I made 70%. It is fun checking someone out at the cash register and seeing them buy your items.

Last month JBF asked past consignors to contribute stories on how JBF has helped you financially. So I contributed this one......"Ever since our family went from a two income family to one income, so that I can stay home with our boys, we have found that we are tight each month, but somehow God always provides. Last March I was looking forward to the JBF sale knowing this would be my way of contributing towards our bills with whatever I made. I consigned more than I ever had before, with clothes and larger baby items. Shortly after the sale we received our high electric bill for $275. This was disappointing since we did not have enough to make the payment without dipping into savings. A week later I was excited to get my JBF check in the mail for more than I had ever profited before, the amount of $275. It was the exact amount we needed and once again, God provided. This time, through Just Between Friends!"

I received an email last week that they chose my story and that I was going to be interviewed on the RADIO!! So tomorrow at 8:45am Just Between Friends will be on the radio and I will present my story, or a shorter version of it. I believe it is going to be live. So if it is possible tune into Star 92.9 with Dustin and Beth in the morning. I am a little nervous but also excited. Please pray that I do well to honor God and my family. After all, He is the one that deserves the glory!

No comments: