Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Liz turns 30!

My birthday celebration started Friday afternoon. Jonathan had arranged for the boys to go stay with his parents so I could have a break. This was a nice surprise. So what did I do with my free time...clean! I just really enjoyed the quiet and cleaning without interruption. We went to dinner, I got a new cell phone cover, and then we looked at Goodwill for 80s clothes.

Saturday morning I slept in (until 7:30am) and awoke to breakfast in bed. Of course it was so yummy I forgot to take a picture before I ate it! I had a delicious omelet with bacon and onions. Jonathan placed on the tray a gift card to my favorite spa. At first I thought he borrowed the tray but later found out it was mine to keep from my friend Ann Foster. I then noticed a box for an electric can opener sitting on the cabinet. I have been complaining about our hand operated can opener for a while now. It just doesn't work well. I was so excited to see the new one, which has a cover on it and opens bags as well as bottles.

Jonathan has always said he is not gifted with administration but he did a great job planning my party. It was an '80s theme so that made it fun researching what to wear. We ate at Mama Baris, the best Italian restaurant in town. It was fun seeing the different outfits that mainly us girls wore. My mom helped me krimp my hair (after all these years I still had my krimp iron). Since one of my favorite things to do is play games we played telephone. One person started a sentence (pretty lengthy) and then it was funny to see how that sentence changed when it got to the last person. The one thing Jonathan felt bad about was not having a cake at Baris. After we sang Hallister Happy Birthday at his party Jonathan pulled out an ice cream cake from the freezer and put 30 candles on it! So I got to have Happy Birthday sung to me as well. :)

No comments: