Our actual anniversary is July 9th and we will have been married 5 years! Since we will be a little busy with a newborn at that time we decided to celebrate early. On Friday (June 4th) we left later than I had wanted to but thankfully did not run into much traffic. Once we got close to the hotel we got a little lost. Thankfully the GPS on Jonathan's Iphone was a tremendous help and we found the hotel. We always stay at La Quinta because they have free breakfast and we are enrolled in the rewards program, so we get emailed discounts and once we get so many points we can redeem them for a free night's stay. Well right when we pulled up I could tell the hotel was not what I had in mind. Even though it was an Inn & Suites it looked old and run down. We got checked in but needed to shower before going to dinner. I realized we had no towels. The front desk person said they were in the drier and would take 30 minutes. So we waited on towels and showered. As we started to get ready I saw a bleach stain on the front of the shirt I had borrowed from a friend. Jonathan realized his pair of black socks were different socks, different thicknesses, and one had a hole in the toe. We just had to laugh wondering what else was going to go wrong. Thankfully I had grabbed another nice shirt as we headed out the door. We enjoyed a nice seafood dinner at Pappadeaux, which was not crowded, and we managed
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Anniversary Trip
Our actual anniversary is July 9th and we will have been married 5 years! Since we will be a little busy with a newborn at that time we decided to celebrate early. On Friday (June 4th) we left later than I had wanted to but thankfully did not run into much traffic. Once we got close to the hotel we got a little lost. Thankfully the GPS on Jonathan's Iphone was a tremendous help and we found the hotel. We always stay at La Quinta because they have free breakfast and we are enrolled in the rewards program, so we get emailed discounts and once we get so many points we can redeem them for a free night's stay. Well right when we pulled up I could tell the hotel was not what I had in mind. Even though it was an Inn & Suites it looked old and run down. We got checked in but needed to shower before going to dinner. I realized we had no towels. The front desk person said they were in the drier and would take 30 minutes. So we waited on towels and showered. As we started to get ready I saw a bleach stain on the front of the shirt I had borrowed from a friend. Jonathan realized his pair of black socks were different socks, different thicknesses, and one had a hole in the toe. We just had to laugh wondering what else was going to go wrong. Thankfully I had grabbed another nice shirt as we headed out the door. We enjoyed a nice seafood dinner at Pappadeaux, which was not crowded, and we managed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment